Tart and spicy, this brings tangy berry, pie cherry and red currant fruit into focus, buoyed by sappy brambleberry juiciness. The tannins are still young and chewy and carry highlights of earth and sweet spice. This wine will age nicely and is perfect to put in your cellar. A perfect wine to pair with a nice juicy steak, a kicked-up spiced chop or a flourless chocolate torte.
New Years is fast approaching! We have a great selection of Champagne to help celebrate bringing in the New Year! Think of The Cellar on 10th for your wine and gourmet food & gift needs. In a time crunch, we’re happy to put together your wine for you ahead of time – just give us a call and it will be ready when you want to pick it up!
Join us this Saturday, December 30th, from 1-4pm for wine tasting featuring New Year’s Surprise. Join us this Saturday from 1-4 pm at the Cellar on 10th for wine tasting featuring our Annual New Year’s Surprise. We’ll be sampling a variety of special occasion wines to enjoy as you ring in the New Year. We’re sure you’ll find a new favorite or get re-acquainted with an old friend. Join us at Oregon’s Premier Wine and Gift shop – The Cellar on 10th for our featured wine tasting Saturday from 1-4, mark your calendars!
|The Cellar on 10th will be closed for our annual Winter break from Tuesday, January 2 through Friday, January 5. We’ll resume normal hours again starting Saturday, January 6th; 10 am to 5:30 pm. We’ll see you then and we’ll be ready for our Spanish Wine Tasting.|
New NW Arrivals
- Andrew Will 2016 Involuntary Commitment Red – This is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot which shows balance, full flavor and goes as well with a casual weekday dinner as it does with a highly anticipated special occasion. A great combo of ripe fruit and elegance exuding currant, plum, tobacco leaf and licorice.
- Harper Voit 2016 “Surlie” Pinot Blanc – fruit flavors of melon, yellow apples and green bananas, and puts a Burgundian spin on the mouthfeel with judicious acids and a touch of caramel. It’s delicious, complex
A. Margaine NV Premier Cru Champagne – White flowers, crushed rocks and green pears literally jump from the glass in this beautifully delineated, energetic Champagne. Vivid, crystalline and beautifully layered, the Premier Cru impresses for its balance and exceptional overall harmony. A perfect wine to pair with heavier appetizers, richer seafood dishes and New Year’s toasts.
It is a brilliant, energetic champagne endowed with gorgeous richness and depth. Succulent cherries, strawberries and dark berries, rose petals and crushed rocks are some of the many nuances that take shape in the glass. This is an incredible grower Champagne made from Pinot Noir. A perfect wine to pair with heavier appetizers, richer seafood dishes and holiday cookies.
- Francis Tannahill 2014 The Hermit Pinot Noir – Aromas of dark Bing cherries, Asian spices, cassis, minerals and clean earth. The palate is broad and intensive with balancing acidity and stunning focus. It’s succulent, spicy and dark and moves into an extremely long finish that goes on and on. Don’t miss this unbelievable wine from this vintage!
- Merry Edwards 2016 Sauvignon Blanc (California) – This Russian River Sauvignon Blanc has floral scents of hibiscus, honeysuckle, jasmine and orange blossom. Notes of muskmelon, mango, papaya and guava widen the aroma, along with accents of white peach, nectarine and Meyer lemon. Hints of minerality, crème brûlée and toasted hazelnuts add even more sophistication. In the mouth, this wine is lush with good viscosity. This richness is balanced by sweet Ruby Red grapefruit, tangerine zest and lively acidity throughout. Perfect for Crab and Oysters.
- Jean Milan NV Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut (France) – Fresh and vibrant, this champagne comes from Grand Cru vineyards in Oger in the Côte des Blancs. With its soft texture and ripe character, it’s an attractive champagne with bright citrus and pear flavors. Just the Champagne for the Holidays.
- Gaston Chiquet NV Brut (France) – A classic blended Champagne of 40% Pinot Meunier, 35% Chardonnay and 25% Pinot Noir, incorporating base wines from more than one harvest. The aromas and flavors of fresh apricot, white peach and citrus are fresh and well balanced. Delightful Champagne.
Hence Cellars 2014 The Cultivar – A fantastic red blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 10% Syrah. It displays aromas and flavors of very dark black fruits, leather, ripe plum, raspberries, blackberries, mocha, Asian spice, sun-dried tomatoes. This is a perfect wine to pair with prime rib and a spice kicked-up pork loin.
New NW Arrivals
- Lujon Cellars NV Red Blend – This is 60% Syrah from Walla Walla Valley and 40% Merlot from Yakima Valley. Expresses wonderful notes of ripe plum and berries. Soft oak notes and velvety tannins makes this a very enjoyable table wine for any occasion.
- Soos Creek 2013 Sundance Red Blend – Enticing perfume of cherry, spices and flowers. Suave, spicy wine with noteworthy inner-mouth lift to its flavors of cherry, currant, licorice, sage and nutmeg. Finished with pliant, sweet, spreading tannins and excellent sappy flavor interest. Perfect for your roasted meats.
New International Arrivals
- GD Vajra 2014 Langhe Rosso (Italy) – Intense and rich on the nose, it is both concentrated and harmonious: flowers and fruits to give way to hay, tobacco, spices. Bright summer berries on the palate with graphite veins lead to the discovery of a series of sensations. Delightful with pizza and charcuterie. .
- Marchesi di Gresey 2015 Nebbiolo (Italy) – On the nose, intense and persistent, fruity, reminiscent of raspberries, plum, Sour black cherry and cherry jam. On the palate, balance, harmonious, pleasantly tannic with persistent aftertaste.
New Vintage Arrivals
- Colene Clemens 2013 Adriane Estate Pinot Noir
- Patricia Green Cellars 2015 Estate Vineyard Old Vine Pinot Noir
- Patricia Green Cellars 2015 Freedom Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir
- J Christopher 2016 Sauvignon Blanc
- L’Ecole 2016 Chenin Blanc
- Angel Vine 2013 Hellion
- Cameron 2016 Dundee Hill Chardonnay
- Andrew Rich 2016 Croft Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
- Robert Biale 2016 Black Chicken
This is from Maison Louis Jadot’s Oregon project. Aromas of cherries, plums and dried flowers. Supple velvety and expressive, laying the cherry and blackberry fruits with hints of tobacco, tar and dried flowers. Finishes with precision and length, creating a warm balance with fine acidity complemented by soft tannins. A perfect wine to pair with roasted pork and turkey.
Supple and expansive, focused with cherry, huckleberry, cotton candy and spicy notes. Lush texture with bright acidity with fine tannins on the long, focused finish. A perfect wine to pair with stuffed mushrooms, roasted pork and turkey.
Dark rich flavors with tannin to support the coffee, smokiness, blueberry, a touch of cinnamon and cocoa nibs. Drink it now or cellar it for up to 10 years if you can wait that long! A perfect wine to pair with a nice juicy steak, roasted duck and anything chocolate.
This Columbia Valley Zinfandel has aromas of raspberry fruit leather, black currant and spice. The flavors of brambly, big red fruit and spiced plum, which are generous, stay balanced. The finish is smooth and is lingers. A perfect wine to pair with roasted or grilled pork, roasted duck and anything chocolate.